Painter 2021 Education Edition
Professional painting software for:
- Professional blank canvas painting and photo-art tools
- World-class Natural-Media™ emulation & digital art brushes
- Unlimited customization of brushes, textures, and other media
- Mac & PC support, FREE brush packs and more (Subscription only)
Painter 2021. Accelerate your art.
Create your signature style with Painter®. Sketch, paint, illustrate and make unparalleled photo-art with hundreds of realistic brushes, exclusive media, and an array of artistic tools. Painter 2021 is as diverse as your imagination.
- Canvas control - Pan, zoom, rotate and apply lighting and surface texture with ease
- Additional media - Enliven your canvas by using Papers, Flow Maps, Textures, Gradients and more
- Color mixing - Use the Color Wheel, Mixer, Color Sets and Harmonies to craft the perfect color palette
- Brush controls - Modify brush size, shape, angle, flow and so much more with in-depth brush control panels
- UI customization - Create custom brushes, palettes and workspace layouts plus import custom content from others
Run the intuitive Brush Accelerator™, which makes the most of your computer’s hardware and graphics card, to deliver the best possible painting experience. Work faster with double the number of GPU accelerated brush technologies, optimized drip and liquid brush technologies, and quicker brush and tool switching.
Thick Paint workflow
Enjoy enhanced Thick Paint brushes and a NEW Thick Paint-compatible brush category that takes full advantage of the depth, lighting and shadows of piled paint. Easy-access panels let you instantly adjust how paint is applied to the brush and how the paint interacts with existing media. You can also convert the canvas or any layer to Thick Paint to create in surprising new ways.
Quick start your art by taking advantage of the 12 AI Styles that create a stylized painting from an image. Fine tune the settings for custom results and save your own presets. Experiment by adding a style, or more than one, to any type of imagery. Try stylizing a sketch, painting, illustration or just brushstrokes and see where styles can take you.
Enable the Clone Tinting feature while painting, then choose any color you like, use any clone brush, and render your clone source with custom color. This versatile tool also works with multi-point cloning allowing you to create entirely new compositions from existing artwork. Bonus! Create with a new Clone Tinting brush category.
Enhance your workflow by choosing to paint on any layer type and hide the canvas right from the New Image dialog. Visually identify what brushes are compatible with various layer types including Liquid Ink, Thick Paint and Watercolor. Plus take advantage of many other user-requested layer improvements.